- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes (we like the ones with garlic)
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (less if you prefer just a little spice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 ½ cups vegetable broth
- serving suggestions: avocado, plain greek yogurt, shredded cheese
- Heat a stovetop skillet over medium heat.
- Add turkey to skillet and begin to brown. Adding a small amount of oil for extra lean turkey.
- Once turkey is 75-80% cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add diced sweet potato, onion and garlic to crockpot.
- Add black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, quinoa and broth to crockpot.
- Add your browned grown turkey to crockpot.
- Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Stir everything to combine.
- Turn crockpot on to low heat and cook for 4 hours.
- Add additional seasonings as needed.
- Garnish with avocado, plain greek yogurt, and shredded cheese before serving.